Take advantage of using healthful olive oil to make these very special crispy potatoes. They became my family?s favorites! Serve them for company and get rave reviews.
- 8 small (2? diameter) red potatoes (about 1 ¼ pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large cooking pot, cook potatoes in salted water just until fork tender. Remove from pan and place on a rack to dry.
While potatoes are cooking, preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cover a rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil. Cover foil with parchment paper. (If you do not have parchment paper, it does work to use only the aluminum foil.) Using a pastry brush, coat parchment paper or foil with olive oil.
Place one of the cooked potatoes on the baking pan. Press down firmly with the palm of your hand to smash the potato. If potatoes are still hot, use a folded towel under your hand. If potatoes are more than 2 inches in diameter, cut the potatoes in half before smashing them on the baking pan. (Smash potatoes with skin side up.) Continue to smash each potato on the pan.
Using the pastry brush, coat each potato with olive oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper to taste. Lightly sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 25 - 35 minutes or until potatoes are very crisp.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 175 Fat, gm.: 10 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 19 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 1.7
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Restaurant to leave Trump Soho Hotel
- Ciara and Russell Wilson welcome baby girl
- Yet another dog food lot recalled because it may contain euthanasia drug
- 5 idyllic private island retreats
- Fyre Festival: When a $12,000 luxury festival in paradise turns into chaos