This is a super moist bread that has a special sweet topping. It is SO GOOD!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda or additional brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups rhubarb, diced in ¼ inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 5 x 9 inch bread loaf pans.
In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat well. Add buttermilk, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour and beat until blended. Add rhubarb and stir to mix. Divide the mixture between two loaf pans.
In a small bowl combine butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Using a spoon, drizzle over the top of the bread mixtures. Bake for 55 - 65 minutes or until brown on top and completely cooked in the middle. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Nutritional information per serving (24):
Fat, gm.: 8
Protein, gm.: 2
Carbs, gm.: 20
Cholesterol, mg.: 20
Fiber, gm.: 0.2
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- American Airlines offering its pilots and flight attendants a raise
- United reaches settlement with passenger dragged off plane
- Southwest Airlines: We won't overbook anymore
- Johnny Depp turns up at Disneyland as Capt. Jack Sparrow (and fans lose it)
- Twin lion cubs born at Dane County zoo to debut next month