This is a great salsa to use on the 4th of July but it can be served any time for a colorful topping on chicken or pork.
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- 1/2 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped (optional)
In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. Chop remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries and add to the bowl. Add red pepper, onion, jalapeno pepper, vinegar, and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate. This will keep for several days.
When ready to serve, add fresh parsley and mint.
Nutritional information per serving:
- Calories: 45
- Fat, gm.: 0
- Protein, gm.: 1.5
- Carbs, gm.: 10
- Cholesterol, mg.: 0
- Fiber, gm.: 1.9
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Apple-raspberry vinaigrette
- 'I could not even dream': What it's like to be gay in North Korea
- China's first big jetliner clears final hurdle before flying