Celebrate the 4th of July with these yummy colorful cookie cups. Change the topping and filling color for other seasonal celebrations.
- Cookie Cup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 box (18 ounces) chocolate red velvet cake mix
White Creamy Filling*
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat mini-cupcake pans with baking oil spray.
In a large bowl, combine oil, eggs, and water. Add cake mix and beat until smooth. Batter will be thick. Place a 1 inch ball in each cup of mini cupcake pan. (Do not use a large ball or the batter will rise over the top of the cupcake pan.) Bake for 11 - 13 minutes.
Remove from oven and use the back of a ½ teaspoon or 1 teaspoon round measuring spoon to press an indentation in the center of each cookie, creating the cookie cup.
Prepare filling by combining cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla, and sugar. Beat well. Spoon a dollop of filling in each cookie cup. Top each filled cookie cup with a fresh blueberry or seasonal sprinkles.
*Note: Any white frosting or cream cheese frosting can be used for the filling.
Nutritional information per cookie cup:
- Calories: 60
- Fat, gm.: 3
- Protein, gm.: 1
- Carbs, gm.: 8
- Cholesterol, mg.: 10
- Fiber, gm.: 0.5
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Apple-raspberry vinaigrette
- 'I could not even dream': What it's like to be gay in North Korea
- China's first big jetliner clears final hurdle before flying