This soup is sure to be a hit. It has lots of healthful ingredients. It is full flavored with a smooth rich texture. For a main course soup, add ground beef, sausage, ham or chicken.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced seasoned tomatoes
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons sherry optional
In a large soup pan, heat oil. Add onion and cook until translucent. If adding meat, sausage, or chicken, add it at this point. Cook until lightly brown. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add black beans, great northern beans, tomatoes, 3 cups of broth, pumpkin, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon. Stir to mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 - 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
If soup is too thick, add additional broth to thin to desired consistency. When ready to serve, add sherry.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- Calories: 200
- Fat, gm.: 3
- Protein, gm.: 10
- Carbs, gm.: 32
- Cholesterol, mg.: 0
- Fiber, gm.: 10.8
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Restaurant to leave Trump Soho Hotel
- Ciara and Russell Wilson welcome baby girl
- Yet another dog food lot recalled because it may contain euthanasia drug
- 5 idyllic private island retreats
- Fyre Festival: When a $12,000 luxury festival in paradise turns into chaos