Enjoy a comfort food dinner on a rainy night using your slow-cooker. Make your own delicious BBQ sauce or choose a favorite bottled sauce.
- 3 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 3 cups 7-Up®
BBQ sauce *
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed onion soup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- dash liquid smoke flavoring, optional
Place meat in a slow-cooker. Add 7-Up. Cook on high for 5 - 6 hours or on low for 8- 10 hours.
Prepare BBQ sauce. In a medium saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes. Remove from stove and set aside.
When meat is done, remove from slow-cooker, Place on a plate or skillet and shred meat using a fork or your hands. Discard any fat. Discard the cooking liquid from the slow-cooker. Return meat to slow-cooker and add the sauce. Turn to high to heat through. Turn slow-cooker to warm until ready to serve. Add additional liquid to thin sauce if needed.
(The meat can also be heated, in the sauce, in a pan on the stove.)
*In place of making your own BBQ sauce, choose your favorite bottled sauce. I like Sweet Baby Ray's sauce.
Serves 8 Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm.: 17
Protein, gm.: 27
Carbs, gm.: 14
Cholesterol, mg.: 85
Fiber, gm.: 0.7
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Yet another dog food lot recalled because it may contain euthanasia drug
- 5 idyllic private island retreats
- Fyre Festival: When a $12,000 luxury festival in paradise turns into chaos
- The female chefs nominated for the James Beard Awards are on fire
- Where the sun rarely shines