Enjoy the aroma of freshly baked cookies. So good!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening (Crisco)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- sugar for dipping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, combine sugar and shortening. Beat well. Add egg and beat well. Add molasses, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat well. Add flour and beat until well mixed.
Roll dough into walnut size balls or use a small cookie scoop. Dip top of each dough ball in sugar. Place on cookie sheet.
Bake 8 - 10 minutes. Do not over-bake. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Makes 45 cookies Nutritional Information per cookie:
Fat, gm.: 3
Protein, gm.: 1
Carbs, gm.: 10
Cholesterol, mg.: 4
Fiber, gm.: 0
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Apple-raspberry vinaigrette
- 'I could not even dream': What it's like to be gay in North Korea
- China's first big jetliner clears final hurdle before flying