I love this recipe because I can combine a variety of my favorite fresh fruits, including apples, and make it a day before serving it. This dressing keeps the apples white and the other fruits fresh tasting.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons Splenda or sugar
- 2 medium red apples, cored and diced
- 2 cups grapes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
In a small saucepan, combine lime juice, rice vinegar, cornstarch and sugar. Stir to mix. Cook over medium hot heat until mixture comes to a boil while stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Combine fresh fruits of your choice in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional information per serving:
- Calories: 100
- Fat, gm.: 0
- Protein, gm.: 1
- Carb. gm.: 24
- Cholesterol, mg.: 0
- Fiber, gm.: 3.8
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- American Airlines offering its pilots and flight attendants a raise
- United reaches settlement with passenger dragged off plane
- Southwest Airlines: We won't overbook anymore
- Johnny Depp turns up at Disneyland as Capt. Jack Sparrow (and fans lose it)
- Twin lion cubs born at Dane County zoo to debut next month