I love this recipe because I can combine a variety of my favorite fresh fruits, including apples, and make it a day before serving it. This dressing keeps the apples white and the other fruits fresh tasting.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons Splenda or sugar
- 2 medium red apples, cored and diced
- 2 cups grapes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
In a small saucepan, combine lime juice, rice vinegar, cornstarch and sugar. Stir to mix. Cook over medium hot heat until mixture comes to a boil while stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Combine fresh fruits of your choice in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional information per serving:
- Calories: 100
- Fat, gm.: 0
- Protein, gm.: 1
- Carb. gm.: 24
- Cholesterol, mg.: 0
- Fiber, gm.: 3.8
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Restaurant to leave Trump Soho Hotel
- Ciara and Russell Wilson welcome baby girl
- Yet another dog food lot recalled because it may contain euthanasia drug
- 5 idyllic private island retreats
- Fyre Festival: When a $12,000 luxury festival in paradise turns into chaos