This is a colorful and healthy way to prepare fish. I used tilapia for testing the recipe but it would be even better with your fresh caught lake fish. Choose vegetables you like best and wrap them up with the fish in either parchment paper or foil. The parchment packages can be baked in the oven and the foil packages can be either baked in the oven or grilled on a charcoal or gas grill.
- 2 large red peppers, sliced
- 1 large sweet onions, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup baby carrots, cooked
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- dash seasoning salt e.g. Lawry's
- 1-1/2 pounds tilapia or fish of your choice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- seasonings of your choice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees if cooking in the oven and using parchment paper. Heat grill to medium-hot heat if cooking on the grill and using aluminum foil.
In a large plastic bag, place peppers, onion, mushroom, carrots, potatoes and any other vegetables of your choice. Add 1-1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and a dash of seasoning salt. Toss gently to coat evenly. Tear off a large sheet (about 15" x 20") of either parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place 6 ounces of fish on the paper or foil, brush with oil and sprinkle with seasoning of your choice. (I like Montreal Steak Seasoning.) Surround the fish with 1/4 of the vegetables, parsley, and basil. Add any additional seasoning of your choice. Prepare remaining fish and vegetable packages.
Oven: Place parchment wrapped packages on a baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 25 - 35 minutes or until fish is completely done. Timing will depend on the thickness of the fish.
Grill: Place foil wrapped packages on the grill and grill over medium-hot heat for 25 - 35 minutes or until fish is completely done. Timing will depend on the thickness of the fish.
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat, gm.: 8
Protein, gm.: 40
Carbs, gm.: 36
Cholesterol, mg.: 35
Fiber, gm.: 4.7
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Yet another dog food lot recalled because it may contain euthanasia drug
- 5 idyllic private island retreats
- Fyre Festival: When a $12,000 luxury festival in paradise turns into chaos
- The female chefs nominated for the James Beard Awards are on fire
- Where the sun rarely shines