This is a super easy and attractive way to serve eggs. Get them ready at night, refrigerate and bake them in the morning.
- 4 slices turkey or pork bacon*
- 4 eggs**
- dash pepper
- dash paprika
Generously butter 4 muffin tins or baking custard cups. Partially fry or microwave the bacon slices. If using turkey bacon, add a small amount of oil to the pan when frying the slices.
Wrap one bacon slice along the sides of each muffin tin or custard cup. Crack one egg into the middle of each tin or cup. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the egg is done the way you like it.
*Use ready cooked bacon if you don't want the hassle of frying bacon.
**In place of an egg, fill muffin tin ¾ full with an egg substitute such as Egg Beaters.
Nutritional information per serving with an egg:
- Calories: 90
- Fat, gm.: 7
- Protein, gm.: 7
- Carb. gm.: 0
- Cholesterol, mg.: 185
- Fiber: 0
Nutritional information per serving with Egg Beaters (Serves 4):
- Calories: 60
- Fat, gm.: 3
- Protein, gm.: 8
- Carb. gm.: 1
- Cholesterol, mg.: 15
- Fiber: 0
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Cops: Ex-soldier kills her service dog while her boyfriend videotapes
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Amazon's $200 Echo Look will judge your outfits
- Hilton to hire another 20,000 veterans and their families