It is Christmas or New Year?s morning and you want to serve a breakfast you can make ahead for the extended family. This is a recipe sure to please everyone because you can create the quiches to fit individual tastes. If your family is like mine, there are some picky eaters and not everyone in the family will eat the same ingredients in a quiche. Some like only vegetables, some like bacon, others like sausage, and watch out if one of the kids finds a mushroom. Make up this batter ahead of time and use muffin tins to create individual quiches. Add optional ingredient to each tin to suit tastes.
- 2 cups fat-free milk or milk of your choice
- 6 eggs or 1 ½ cups Egg Beaters
- 1 cup baking mix such as Bisquick
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- dash hot sauce, optional
- sautéed diced peppers
- sautéed sliced mushrooms
- fried bacon crumbles
- cooked sausage crumbles
- diced ham
In a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, baking mix, cheese, dry mustard, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Prepare optional ingredients and place in individual small bowls. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heavily spray muffin tins.
Stir egg mixture and fill muffin tins 2/3s full. Add optional ingredients to each tin to suit individual tastes of your family or guests. Bake for 20 - 35 minutes or until set in the middle. Remove from tins and arrange on serving plates.
Mixture can also be poured into tiny muffin tins and served for breakfast or for appetizers.
Nutritional Information per serving with eggs but without optional ingredients:
Calories: 145 Fat, gm.: 8 Protein, gm.: 8 Carbs, gm.: 10 Cholesterol, mg.120 Fiber, gm.: Varies with optional ingredients
Nutritional Information per serving with Egg Beaters but without optional ingredients:
Calories: 120 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 7 Carbs, gm.: 12 Cholesterol, mg.: 10 Fiber, gm.: Varies with optional ingredients
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Yet another dog food lot recalled because it may contain euthanasia drug
- 5 idyllic private island retreats
- Fyre Festival: When a $12,000 luxury festival in paradise turns into chaos
- The female chefs nominated for the James Beard Awards are on fire
- Where the sun rarely shines