My daughter Vicki recommends a warning label on these bars: ?Caution: These are addictive!?
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 10 x 15 inch non-stick baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter. Add oatmeal and stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Press mixture firmly and evenly in baking pan. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or just until mixture is begins to bubble in the middle. Do not brown or over-bake. Remove from oven and cool 10 - 15 minutes.
In a small non-stick skillet, combine peanut butter and chocolate chips. Melt over the lowest heat. Spread on top of baked bars. Cut after chocolate has set.
Note: It is important not to over-bake the oatmeal layer.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 145 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 2.5 Carb, gm.: 18 Cholesterol: 10 Fiber: 1.6
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- American Airlines offering its pilots and flight attendants a raise
- United reaches settlement with passenger dragged off plane
- Southwest Airlines: We won't overbook anymore
- Johnny Depp turns up at Disneyland as Capt. Jack Sparrow (and fans lose it)
- Twin lion cubs born at Dane County zoo to debut next month