This is a treat. Make it ahead -- even several days ahead and it will be a big breakfast hit. My husband loves to have the left-overs warmed in the microwave for lunch.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 slices wheat bread, divided
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters or 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
Butter a 7 x 11 baking pan. In a small bowl, melt butter in microwave. Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir to mix well. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mixture on bottom of the baking pan.
Cut crusts off from the bread slices. Cut 4 slices of bread into quarters. Arrange on bottom of the baking pan. Add more bread if needed to completely cover bottom of pan. Top evenly with blueberries. Take remaining piece of bread and crumble. Sprinkle bread crumbles on top of blueberries.
In a small bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla and salt. Beat well. Pour over bread. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly brown and set in the middle.
Nutritional information per serving:
- Calories: 170
- Fat, gm.: 4
- Protein, gm.: 5
- Carb. gm.: 29
- Cholesterol, mg.: 10
- Fiber: 2.0
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Restaurant to leave Trump Soho Hotel
- Ciara and Russell Wilson welcome baby girl
- Yet another dog food lot recalled because it may contain euthanasia drug
- 5 idyllic private island retreats
- Fyre Festival: When a $12,000 luxury festival in paradise turns into chaos