Mix this bread together at the last hour before your family meal or company meal. It is a real conversation piece. I love the firm texture and the crunchy crust.
3 cups self-rising flour* 1/2 cup sugar 1 can (12 ounces) beer 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 5 x 7 inch loaf baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and beer. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Spoon in loaf pan. Drizzle melted butter on top. Let stand 5 minutes. Place in oven and bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: To make your own self-rising four for this recipe, mix 3 cups of flour with 4 ½ teaspoons baking powder, and 1 ½ teaspoons salt.
(Recipe for self rising flour: 1 cup flour, 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt)
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 130 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 26 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm.: 0.9
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Apple-raspberry vinaigrette
- 'I could not even dream': What it's like to be gay in North Korea
- China's first big jetliner clears final hurdle before flying