Dress up your corn dish with this easy to prepare make-ahead recipe. It works great to bake it a day or two before serving. When ready to serve, just warm it in the microwave or oven.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red or green pepper, finely sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) corn, drained
Butter a 2 quart casserole dish or 4 small individual baking bowls.
In a small skillet, heat butter. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add pepper and cook until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except corn and paprika. Beat until smooth. Add reserved onions and peppers. Add corn. Stir to mix well. Pour into casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle top with paprika.
Bake for 50 - 65 minutes or until lightly brown on top and set in the middle.
Let set 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information per serving:
- Calories: 125
- Fat, gm.: 4
- Protein, gm.: 5
- Carb. gm.: 17
- Cholesterol, mg.: 70
- Fiber: 2.2
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Yet another dog food lot recalled because it may contain euthanasia drug
- 5 idyllic private island retreats
- Fyre Festival: When a $12,000 luxury festival in paradise turns into chaos
- The female chefs nominated for the James Beard Awards are on fire
- Where the sun rarely shines