In 1973, WISC – TV 3 sponsored a recipe contest for dairy dessert pies. This was a winning recipe created by Darlene Nyman. She and her husband and their 5 children lived on a farm in Orfordville, Wisconsin.
- 1 - 9 inch pie crust
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup 2% small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups coconut flakes, divided
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place prepared pie crust into pie pan. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, salt, butter, cottage cheese, and flour. Beat well with electric mixer. In a small bowl, beat milk and eggs together. Pour into mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add 1 cup of coconut. Pour into crust. Top with remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
Bake for 55 - 65 minutes or until lightly brown on top and set in the middle. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat, gm.: 18
Protein, gm.: 6
Carbs, gm.: 47
Cholesterol, mg.: 60
Fiber, gm.: 0.5
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Apple-raspberry vinaigrette
- 'I could not even dream': What it's like to be gay in North Korea
- China's first big jetliner clears final hurdle before flying
- Panera to hire 10,000 as it expands delivery service