Rutabaga has a slightly sweet flavor with a hint of pepper taste. Roasting them in French fry shapes makes them fun to eat.
- 1/2 medium rutabaga
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- seasoned salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel rutabaga. Cut in French-fry-size slices. Place in a plastic baggie with oil. Toss to coat.
Place on a heavy baking pan and sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt. Bake for about 20 minutes or until brown on all sides. Check every 5 minutes and turn fries with tongs to even the browning on all sides of the fries.
Important note: Rutabagas are very hard to cut. To make it easier, peel the waxy coating and skin from the outside of the rutabaga. Place rutabaga in a microwave and cook until it softens enough to cut safely.
Nutritional information per serving (4):
Fat, gm.: 3
Protein, gm.: trace
Carbs, gm.: 1
Cholesterol, mg.: 0
Fiber, gm.: trace
- American Airlines co-pilot dies during landing in New Mexico
- Hundreds of bikes to be given to underserved children
- Imad's Syrian Kitchen: Bringing the tastes of Damascus to London
- Oregano egg salad on pumpernickel toast
- Pre-packaged Army meals used in student cook-off
- What It Takes For Spring and Summer Athletes To Be P.E.R.F.E.C.T.