Rutabaga has a slightly sweet flavor with a hint of pepper taste. Roasting them in French fry shapes makes them fun to eat.
- 1/2 medium rutabaga
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- seasoned salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel rutabaga. Cut in French-fry-size slices. Place in a plastic baggie with oil. Toss to coat.
Place on a heavy baking pan and sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt. Bake for about 20 minutes or until brown on all sides. Check every 5 minutes and turn fries with tongs to even the browning on all sides of the fries.
Important note: Rutabagas are very hard to cut. To make it easier, peel the waxy coating and skin from the outside of the rutabaga. Place rutabaga in a microwave and cook until it softens enough to cut safely.
Nutritional information per serving (4):
Fat, gm.: 3
Protein, gm.: trace
Carbs, gm.: 1
Cholesterol, mg.: 0
Fiber, gm.: trace
- Counseling program for gun violence expands in Milwaukee
- Madison mayor proposes task force to encourage hip-hop scene
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- How to find the right Realtor for you
- U.S. opens door to non-stop flights from Kenya
- Has my pilot had too much to drink? It depends where you fly