What a unique taste sensation – sweet, salty and crunchy!
Serve it for breakfast or for a fun appetizer. I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite restaurants – the quaint, small and charming “Franklin Grove Etc” in Attica (in the country near Albany and Belleville). It is located in a restored historical blacksmiths shop.
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 thin 7” flour tortilla or a flat bread of your choice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1/4 small green apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby jack cheese or cheese of your choice
In a small skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and place on paper towel. When cool, crumble and set aside.
Place tortilla in a small dry skillet*. Fry it just until it is lightly brown on both sides. Drizzle with maple syrup. Top with crumbled bacon, chopped apple and shredded cheese.
Place under oven broiler and heat just until cheese has melted.
Serve immediately but you may also enjoy it served at room temperature.
*(Use an oven proof skillet or wrap the skillet handle in aluminum foil before broiling.)
Note: You really do not need to measure ingredients for this recipe.
- Purchase flour tortillas or your favorite flat bread. Brown it in a skillet.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Top with crisp bacon crumbles.
- Arrange finely chopped apple pieces on top.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Place in hot oven or under the broiler just until the cheese is melted.
Nutritional information per serving (1):
Fat, gm.: 5
Protein, gm.: 5
Carbs, gm.: 32
Cholesterol, mg.: 5
Fiber, gm.: 1