MADISON, Wis. - Out-of-town UW Hospital and Clinics patients will soon have a new, conveniently located lodging option.
UW Hospital and Clinics said Friday the facility purchased the hotel located across the street from the hospital campus: The Best Western InnTowner Hotel
The hospital said the newly acquired hotel will serve as a new patient- and family-centered resource for regional patients.
"Many of our regional patients need to be close to the hospital for some time," Donna Katen-Bahensky, hospital president and CEO, said Friday in a news release. "This is a perfect option."
Patients expected to use the service will include those arriving the day before procedures or treatment, those who need to be in close proximity for extended treatments and specialty patients who are ready to be discharged from inpatient care but need to remain in close proximity for post-discharge lab work and monitoring.
Fiore Cos. of Madison, the current owner of the hotel, will continue as the employer and will co-manage hotel operations through the third-party management company that currently manages the hotel.
According to the news release, a portion of the hotel will continue to serve non-hospital guests.
The Best Western InnTowner Hotel is at 2424 University Ave.
- How 4/20 became 'Weed Day'
- US yellow fever vaccine supply will run out this summer, CDC says
- First 100 Days: What Trump has done to Obamacare
- Yet another dog food lot recalled because it may contain euthanasia drug
- Study: Female athletes at 50% higher risk for concussions
- Study: Diabetes, weight can combine to alter brain