MADISON, Wis. - Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin is promoting "Get Yourself Tested," a campaign during April to encourage people under 25 to test themselves for sexually transmitted diseases.
Planned Parenthood will offer free STD testing at clinics around the state until the end of the month. The organization said normally it offers STD testing at a low cost.
Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that there are 20 million new infections each year, and half are among the age group under 25.
Planned Parenthood tested 332,000 men and women last year, according to a news release.
The organization plans additional outreach activities during April. Individuals can contact educators with sexual health questions via text. Texting "safersex" to 69866 will open a channel for questions.
Additional information on the program and sexual health information is available at www.GYTnow.org.
- Obamacare's impact on this Alaska town with one doctor's office
- Poll shows last-minute love for Obamacare
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- UW med students petition Paul Ryan on Planned Parenthood funding
- Drugmaker fined $100M for hiking price 85,000%
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license