MADISON, Wis. - The contractor that provides non-emergency transportation for Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus participants plans to end its deals with the state.
The state Department of Health Services on Wednesday released letters from Atlanta-based LogistiCare Chief Executive Officer Herman Schwartz that said the company will end services Feb. 17.
Schwartz said the state provided limited data in its request for bids and actual usage and costs are higher than what the company anticipated.
DHS Secretary Dennis Smith released a statement acknowledging LogistiCare didn't have enough information to submit a reasonable cost estimate. He said the agency plans to prepare a new bid request with better data.
- What Shyamalan's 'Split' gets wrong about dissociative identity disorder
- Zumba: What are the benefits?
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Can burnt toast and roasted potatoes cause cancer?
- Former President George H.W. Bush to be moved out of ICU
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall