NEENAH, Wis. - A Neenah man who needs a kidney transplant is using a highway billboard to try to find a potential donor.
Fifty-eight-year-old Peter Casper's billboard is on U.S. Highway 41 near Neenah. The billboard says "One kidney. One life. Can you donate?"
Casper told the Appleton Post-Crescent that the billboard has generated just under 20 leads for a living donor. Now, he's waiting to see if any of those leads is a match.
Casper isn't the first to take this approach. In 2011, Kimberly resident Stephanie Henderson did the same thing, and got a kidney a year later.
Casper's brother says the search for organ donors does beyond Casper's immediate need. Bill Casper says the shortage of viable donors is a nationwide problem.
- How 4/20 became 'Weed Day'
- US yellow fever vaccine supply will run out this summer, CDC says
- First 100 Days: What Trump has done to Obamacare
- Yet another dog food lot recalled because it may contain euthanasia drug
- Study: Female athletes at 50% higher risk for concussions
- Study: Diabetes, weight can combine to alter brain