MADISON, Wis. - To meet a growing need in the community Journey Mental Health has moved to a much larger, three-building campus on Madison's west side, which will allow Journey to expand their services to the community.
"We're expanding our services. There's a lot happening at Journey Mental Health Center right now," said Ronald Lampert, CEO and president of Journey Mental Health Center.
Because of a three-year grant Journey is developing an integrated health care model for consumers.
"We have primary care physicians, residents and nurses all treating, not only the behavioral health but also the medical conditions that many of our consumers have," Lampert said.
Prior to this move Journey Mental Health Center was located at 625 West Washington Avenue, a space that did not allow them to grow along with the needs of the community.
Journey Mental Health Center is the largest provider of mental health and substance use disorder care in Dane County. The move to the three-building campus will allow Journey to grow in the future. That growth may include providing services to additional counties.
"Our expansion is not limited to Dane County right now so we have I think nine counties that are interested in one or some of our services," Lampert said.
The address of the new Journey Mental Health Center campus is 25 Kessel Court in Madison.
- 1.2 million adolescents' deaths mostly preventable, report says
- UK prime minister: Ransomware attack has gone global
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- UW Health study looks at humor and cancer patients
- The girl grabbed by sea lion is getting meds to avoid 'seal finger' disease
- Nathan's and Curtis beef hot dogs recalled