DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa grower is recalling grape tomatoes distributed in stores in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan because they may contain salmonella.
Menno Beachy, of Cresco, issued a recall on Wednesday for one pint containers of labeled Menno Beachy Certified Organic Grape Tomatoes.
Beachy said he sent tomatoes from his farm and a nearby farm to a food distributor in Minnesota. The distributor sent 15 cases of 12 one-pint containers of the affected tomatoes to stores in the three states between July 26 and Aug. 6.
No illnesses have been reported.
Beachy said he became of aware of the health risk after the Minnesota Department of Agriculture collected a sample from the Minnesota distributor that was found to be contaminated.
Consumers should discard the tomatoes or return them to the store.
- What Shyamalan's 'Split' gets wrong about dissociative identity disorder
- Zumba: What are the benefits?
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Can burnt toast and roasted potatoes cause cancer?
- Former President George H.W. Bush to be moved out of ICU
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall