APPLETON, Wis. - An Appleton man says the loss of his left arm in a car accident several years ago was a turning point in his struggle to lose weight.
Twenty-four-year-old Ryan Sawlsville, who weighed 410 pounds, said it was his wake-up call. He survived for a reason and knew something had to change. After submitting his video story to a popular weight loss reality show, Sawlsville heard in February 2012 from a similar show that shares the same production company.
"Extreme Makeover Weight Loss" trainer Chris Powell showed up at the Packers Hall of Fame to let Sawlsville know he'd been selected for the show. Post-Crescent Media reported Sawlsville's goal was 195 pounds. He spent a couple months with Powell in California and continued his training in Appleton.
His weight loss journey airs Tuesday night on ABC.
- Ray-Ban owner makes $50 billion glasses deal
- 20-cent Paperfuge could help diagnose diseases
- Late-day exercise: Can it cause insomnia?
- Wisconsin misses chances to cut risk of lead exposure in drinking water
- Water diversion project in Waukesha faces scrutiny
- CVS cuts cost for generic EpiPen competitor