(CNN) -- A Maryland man recently died of rabies that he contracted after undergoing an organ transplant more than a year ago, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday. Health care teams are now giving anti-rabies shots to three other patients who received organs from the same donor as the Maryland man, the CDC says.
Latest Health Headlines
- Stress may be causing your cravings
- Couple charged in death of ill infant son
- Doctor's quick thinking saves patients
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby
- 5 ways to handle chronic pain
- State initiatives encourage smokers to kick the habit
- Shareholders approve Dean-SSM merger
- Where have Europe's nurses gone?
- Data: Huge disparity in Medicare payment rates
- 'Psychiatric bible' tackles grief, drinking