(CNN) -- A Maryland man recently died of rabies that he contracted after undergoing an organ transplant more than a year ago, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday. Health care teams are now giving anti-rabies shots to three other patients who received organs from the same donor as the Maryland man, the CDC says.
Latest Health Headlines
- Pregnant? To drink or not to drink?
- Will Facebook's organ donor success stick?
- Test may predict HPV-related throat cancer
- Health care costs to slow in 2014
- DNR urges beachgoers to play it safe
- Venezuela weighs baby bottle ban
- Meningitis vaccines urged before NYC Pride
- Head lice don't take summer off
- Minority children lack access to specialists
- Bedbugs are popping back up in Rock County