(CNN) -- A Maryland man recently died of rabies that he contracted after undergoing an organ transplant more than a year ago, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday. Health care teams are now giving anti-rabies shots to three other patients who received organs from the same donor as the Maryland man, the CDC says.
Latest Health Headlines
- Red Robin ad mocks vegetarians
- Soglin signs letter asking for limits on sugary drink subsidies
- CDC: HPV rates down more than expected
- Bill would prohibit docs from asking patients about guns
- Etheridge: Jolie mastectomy not 'brave choice'
- Doctors: Let us treat Guantanamo detainees
- Pregnant? To drink or not to drink?
- Will Facebook's organ donor success stick?
- Test may predict HPV-related throat cancer
- Venezuela weighs baby bottle ban