What's going on this weekend?
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, April 25th:
Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- Celebrate pop legends Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder in the a cappella production I Wish For All Time at the Overture Center tonight. overturecenter.com
- Enjoy the annual student-produced H’Doubler Concert of contemporary works in Lathrop Hall. Through April 26, dance.wisc.edu
- Madison Opera’s season closer Dead Man Walking opens tonight. The opera is based on a novel about a nun’s journey as the spiritual advisor to a convicted murderer on death row. Through April 27, madisonopera.org
Read our April feature story on Dead Man Walking here.
Saturday, April 26th:
- Join Hop Head Beer Tours for their fourth annual Backroads Brewery Bus Tour. The day trip includes stops at Lake Louie Brewery, the historic Badger Bar in Platteville, Potosi Brewery and the National Brewery Museum. hopheadbeertours.com
- Reggae royalty and five-time Grammy winner Stephen “Ragga” Marley is set to perform at the Barrymore Theatre tonight! barrymorelive.com
- Bring your beau to Stoughton Opera House for pianist Jim Brickman’s romantic Love Tour. stoughtonoperahouse.com
Sunday, April 27th:
- It’s the third annual Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Championship! Journey out to Dodgeville to witness one of the state’s finest food products. grilledcheesewisconsin.com
- Celebrate Earth Day with a guided walk through the UW Arboretum led by Kathleen Wildwood. The informative walk will highlight various herbs and their uses. wildwoodinstitute.com
- Attend REAP’s Spring Gala at the Madison Club for a five-course meal celebrating local ingredients. Hors d’oeuvres and a silent auction book-end the event. reapfoodgroup.org
There's more of Weekend 608 at MadisonMagazine.com. For a complete list of local events for every day of the week, check out the Channel3000.com Events page.