Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, July 18th:
?Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- The fortieth annual Maxwell Street Days is here! Hit State Street for great deals at the summer sidewalk sale. Through July 20, maxwellstreetdays.org
- Pack the street for the first Live on King Street free concert of the summer! Experimental pop group tUnE-yArDs kicks off the series with layered drumloops, ukulele, vocals and electric bass. liveonkingstreet.com
Read more about Live on King Street here.
- Music Theatre of Madison stages Bonnie & Clyde, a sexy, action-packed musical following a pair of notorious criminals who evaded authorities across the country, robbing, cheating, and killing along the way. Through July 26, mtmadison.com
Read more about MTM’s Bonnie & Clydehere.
Saturday, July 19th:
- Support the twelfth annual Bike for Boys & Girls Club fundraiser. Pedal one of three routes—fifty, twenty-five or eight miles—or help register bikes to raise money for the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County. The event starts from Edgewood High School. bike4bgc.com
- Grab a canoe and join in on the outdoorsy fun at the thirty-fifth annual Paddle & Portage.paddleandportage.com
- Up and comer Walker Lukens and his fivepiece backing band The Side Arms will take the stage at the Frequency tonight. madisonfrequency.com
- Go on a “jazz crawl” at Madison Jazz Consortium’s Strollin’ Monroe Street, which features eight hours of live music from local jazzmusicians on six stages. greatermadisonjazzconsortium.org
Sunday, July 20th:
- It’s Family Fiesta day at the Dane CountyFair! Head to Alliant Energy Center for Latin music, a jalapeño eating contest, tacos and more, in addition to daily entertainment. danecountyfair.com
- Beautiful butterflies are emerging from their chrysalises daily at Olbrich Gardens’ Blooming Butterflies exhibit. Walk amongst more than a dozen free flying species in the tropical Bolz Conservatory. olbrich.org
- Paddleboard Specialists and Wingra Boats host Paddle for Polar Bears in Wingra Park today. Take a standup paddleboard lesson to raise funds for Henry Vilas Zoo’s Artic Passage exhibit. paddleboardspecialists.com
- It’s time for Madison Magazine’s Summer Restaurant Week! More than forty-five local restaurants are offering three-course meals starting at $25. Some restaurants also offer lunch. Through next Friday, July 25, madisonrestaurantweek.com.