Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, August 22nd:
?Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- Mark the Wisconsin Union Theater’s reopening and Four Seasons Theatre’s tenth season with Kiss Me, Kate, Cole Porter’s musical about the on- and off-stage antics surrounding a production. Through August 24, fourseasonstheatre.com
Read more about Four Seasons’ history here.
- Bust a move on Madison’s most scenic dance floor—the Lake Monona Rooftop. This week’s Dane Dances features music from Altered 5, VO5 and DJ Fubu Lust. danedances.org
- Join with family and the community at Middleton’s annual Good Neighbor Festival. The three-day fest includes live music, parades, crafts, a 5K race and plenty of tasty fair food. Through August 24, goodneighborfestival.com
- At sundown, head to the MMoCA rooftop for the final avant-garde film showing of the summer. Rooftop Cinema concludes the season with a selection of animated short films. mmoca.org
Saturday, August 23rd:
- Those looking for unique art and décor, visit the annual Wisconsin Art Pottery Show and Sale, held at the Alliant Energy Center. Vintage and contemporary ceramics including pottery, dinnerware, stoneware, tile and figurines will be available for sale.alliantenergycenter.com
- Hop on the Brewery Bus Tour for a trip along the country roads to New Glarus Brewing, the Grumpy Troll and the Wisconsin Brewing Company. Enjoy the scenic route, brewery tours and samples along the way.hopheadbeertours.com
- Suit up for the annual Wonder Ball at theMadison Children’s Museum. Guests can explore museum exhibits and enjoy entertainment at this black-tie gala that benefits the museum. Late-night partiers and gala crashers are welcome to join the afterparty—Adult Swim: Wonder Prom and dance the night away. August 23, madisonchildrensmuseum.org
Sunday, August 24th:
- Take over the city streets with fellow bikers, walkers and ’bladers at Ride the Drive, held on Madison’s east side. Enjoy music, food and entertainment at various stopping points throughout the route.cityofmadison.com
- The finefolks of the funky shop Zip-Dang open their Monroe Street studio once a month for a pop-up show and sale. Called Thread and Ink – Indie Art & Design, the pop-up features several local craftsmen and women and food and drink from Macha Teahouse. The studio is off the street level, between Brasserie V and the Wine & Hop Shop at 1925 Monroe St. zip-dang.com/thread-ink-indie-art-design
- The Madison Mallards host the second annual Curdfest! This free event features the best cheese curd vendors from around the state of Wisconsin. And why stop at cheese curds when you can add a petting zoo, games, live music and other family activates into the mix? northwoodsleague.com/madison-mallards/special-events/curdfest
- Visit Sassy Cow Creamery for a day of dairy fun. Treat yourself to pie a la mode, root beer floats and an ice cream social, or take a tour of the farm and creamery. sassycowcreamery.com
- Head to Osteria Papavero for a Ramen Smackdown—for one night only, the Italian spot transforms into a ramen shop. Chefs Justin Carlisle form Ardent (Milwaukee), Matt Morris from Restaurant Muramoto and Ian Stowell from Sujeo will put forth their best miso, shoyu and shio ramens.
Monday, August 25th:
- Celebrate summer on Nau-Ti-Gal's beautiful outdoor patio and lawn! Sample summer's best cocktails and taste delectable treats during Madison Magazine’s third annual Top Shelf Summer Taste. madisonmagazine.com