Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, April 4th:
?Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- Watch emerging bands duke it out at Madison Area Music Association’s new Battle of the Bands gig. Winners receive special prizes and a slot at the 2014 MAMA Awards show. themamas.org/battle-of-the-bands
- Join the Madison Symphony chorus and the Madison Symphony Orchestra for Mozart’s compelling final composition, Requiem. Dvo?ák’s Slavonic Dance No.1 and Jongen’s Symphonie Concertante round out the performance. Through April 6, madisonsymphony.org
- Head to the Brass Ring for the Wisconsin release of Founder’s KBS stout ale. Flights of Founder’s Brewing Co. beers will also be served. thebrassringmadison.com
Saturday, April 5th:
- Celebrate spring with the Kanopy Dance production Fresh. Local. Organic, featuring a range in style from modern to post-modern to performance art. Through April 6, kanopydance.org
- Get some popcorn and settle in for year’s incredible range of films at the Wisconsin Film Festival. Tonight, try the Mexican comedy Club Sandwich, a coming-of-age story told from a mother’s perspective. Through April 10, wifilmfest.org
- Tune in and cheer on our UW men’s basketball team as they take on Kentucky in the Final Four! The game starts at 7:49 p.m. uwbadgers.com
- Get a taste MobCraft’s seventh crowd sourced beer, Rabbit’s Bounty, a carrot cake ale (yep, that’s right) during their evening release party at Bluephies. mobcraftbeer.com
Sunday, April 6th:
- Catch another Wisconsin Film Festival foreign movie tonight at Sundance Cinema. The Taiwanese Stray Dogs was deemed an “unforgettable experience” by Indiewire. Film fest continues through April 10, wifilmfest.org
- Harvest is hosting a special Spanish Dinner with food and wine inspired by and imported from Spain. Call 255-6075 for reservations. harvest-restaurant.com
- Head to Hilldale Mall's Antropologie for a Pop-Up Market with Whole Foods. Local vendors like Kickapoo Coffee, Wisco Pop, Potter's Crackers, Madison Sourdough and more will be on hand from 11 a.m.–3 p.m. to discuss their artisan products. facebook.com/WholeFoodsMarketMadison