Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, December 6th:
?Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- Enjoy special discounts and prizes from businesses like Bunky's Cafe, Cafe Zoma, Next Door Brewing and Monty's Blue Plate Diner at the Atwood-Winnebago Winter Festival.
- The Madison Symphony Orchestra’s spectacular Madison Symphony Christmas melds classical works, appearances by the Madison Symphony Chorus, Madison Youth Choirs and Mt. Zion Gospel Choir, and a popular carol sing-along. December 6–8, madisonsymphony.org
- StageQ offers lots of laughs with Scrooge in Rouge, a play about three actors who have to put on an entire production that would normally feature twenty-three performers. December 6–21, stageq.com
Saturday, December 7th:
- Think you have what it takes to be on a reality food show? Spike TV’s new show “Frankenfood” is holding auditions in Madison at the Sheraton Hotel. They are looking for amateur chefs with interesting and original dishes. Read more about the show and the casting call here.
- If you're doing any entertaining this holiday season, or you just love to cook, join Chef Dan Bonanno of A Pig in a Fur Coat for a Holiday Cooking Demonstration. Learn to make Arancini stuffed with Bolognese and a spicy tomato sauce, Roasted Baccala with puttanesca sauce and lemon vinaigrette and Panetone Bread pudding with cherries, white chocolate, pecans and caramel gelato. You'll also learn how to pair wines with the three dishes. Starts at noon. Call 316-3300 to reserve your spot. apiginafurcoat.com
Sunday, December 8th:
- Sip wines paired with treats from local food companies like LaLa's Nuts, Quince & Apple, Potter's Crackers and Indulgence Chocolatiers from 2-4 p.m. at Mount Horeb's Fisher King Winery. This tasting event is free. fisherkingwinery.com