Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, March 7th:
Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- Be dazzled by Four Seasons Theatre’s latest installment of their Great American Songbook Series, Great Dames: Leading Ladies of Stage & Screen. This musical revue pays homage to Ethel Merman, Mary Martin, Judy Garland and other dames from Broadway and the golden age of Hollywood. Through March 9, fourseasonstheatre.com
- Grammy Award winning pianist Yefim Bronfman accompanies maestro John DeMain and the Madison Symphony Orchestra for Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 2, overture to The Creatures of Prometheus and Piano Concert No. 5 (Emperor). Through March 8, madisonsymphony.org
- Don your best dress and head to Union South for a UW’s fashion week finale; a fashion show presented by MODA Magazine. facebook.com/events/741545275870319
Saturday, March 8th:
- Enjoy live music and unlimited samplings of 14 bock beers— the largest selection produced by one brewery—at the Great Dane’s Bockfest.greatdanepub.com
- Beat the cold—or pretend to—at the Bassett Street Brunch Club for their Countdown to Spring Break Brunch. The meal will feature tropical inspired food and drink specials. brunchclubmadison.com
- Bring the whole family to Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, a musical adaptation of the beloved children’s book, presented by the Children’s Theater of Madison. Through March 16, ctmtheater.org
Sunday, March 9th:
- Phish bassist Mike Gordon released a fourth solo album last month, full of sturdy rock numbers. Tap into your inner hippie and catch Gordon live tonight. barrymorelive.com
- Green Bay’s Hinterland brewery comes to Madison this weekend for a five-course beer dinner at Graze. grazemadison.com