MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin tourism officials have a message for anyone considering visiting the state: C'mon in, it's easy.
They unveiled a new TV spot Monday to promote the state. It features "Airplane!" actor Robert Hays playing a befuddled fisherman on a beautiful summer day where everything seems to go wrong.
The ad includes the tagline, "It doesn't take any special skill to enjoy Wisconsin, just drop in."
Gov. Scott Walker joined Hays and director David Zucker to unveil the new TV spot during a tourism conference in Madison.
It was filmed last June at Plum Lake in Sayner.19370452
The state Department of Tourism says the industry generates $16 billion in sales annually.
- Jenner doesn't regret voting for Trump despite LGBT 'mistakes'
- Fox News anchor joins lawsuit alleging racial discrimination, harassment
- Former 'Bachelor' star Chris Soules arrested after deadly crash
- 'All Things Considered' host Robert Siegel stepping down
- 'Star Wars: Episode IX' gets summer 2019 release date
- 'The Handmaid's Tale' lifts Hulu with dystopian vision