MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin tourism officials have a message for anyone considering visiting the state: C'mon in, it's easy.
They unveiled a new TV spot Monday to promote the state. It features "Airplane!" actor Robert Hays playing a befuddled fisherman on a beautiful summer day where everything seems to go wrong.
The ad includes the tagline, "It doesn't take any special skill to enjoy Wisconsin, just drop in."
Gov. Scott Walker joined Hays and director David Zucker to unveil the new TV spot during a tourism conference in Madison.
It was filmed last June at Plum Lake in Sayner.19370452
The state Department of Tourism says the industry generates $16 billion in sales annually.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Carrie Fisher's death renews questions about digital re-creation
- Packers-Cowboys is most-watched NFL Divisional Playoff game ever
- Trump renews attacks on 'SNL'
- The 14 Trump tweets that defined his high-stakes week
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown