A new 23,000-seat theater for the Summerfest grounds was announced Thursday.
The company that organizes the annual summertime live-music festival in Milwaukee said construction is tentatively scheduled for 2019-2020.
The American Family Insurance Amphitheater will replace the Marcus Amphitheater, which opened in 1987. The new complex will include enhanced production space, more restaurants and new hospitality areas.
Summerfest, which will celebrate its 50th annual festival this summer, will host more than 800 acts on 11 stages. The festival runs June 28 through July 2 and July 4-July 9. Visit summerfest.com for more information.
Festival organizers said Summerfest brings in $187 million annually to the Milwaukee regional economy.
- Gretchen Carlson speaks: 'The floodgates have opened'
- Demi Lovato opens up in new documentary
- Reed Hastings makes the Forbes richest list for the first time
- Security guard shot by Las Vegas gunman breaks silence
- Harvey Weinstein off Weinstein Company board of directors
- Amazon Studios head resigns amid harassment allegations