A new 23,000-seat theater for the Summerfest grounds was announced Thursday.
The company that organizes the annual summertime live-music festival in Milwaukee said construction is tentatively scheduled for 2019-2020.
The American Family Insurance Amphitheater will replace the Marcus Amphitheater, which opened in 1987. The new complex will include enhanced production space, more restaurants and new hospitality areas.
Summerfest, which will celebrate its 50th annual festival this summer, will host more than 800 acts on 11 stages. The festival runs June 28 through July 2 and July 4-July 9. Visit summerfest.com for more information.
Festival organizers said Summerfest brings in $187 million annually to the Milwaukee regional economy.
- Hannity's conspiracy theory pressures Fox News
- Madison to host Pokemon Regional Championships
- Trevor Noah on processing tragedy on late-night
- Ariana Grande cancels upcoming shows on her tour
- Al Jazeera blocked by Saudi Arabia, Qatar blames fake news
- Kit Harington discusses life after 'Game of Thrones'