MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin's northern zone musky season is set to open.
The season began Saturday. The northern zone encompasses all inland waters north of U.S. Highway 10, which roughly bisects the state through Stevens Point.
State Department of Natural Resources fishery experts said things look good for anglers.
The fish have almost finished spawning and are ready to feed. Water temperatures have risen and the fish are becoming more active.
- Kim Kardashian after robbery: 'I'm such a different person'
- Johnny Depp turns up at Disneyland as Capt. Jack Sparrow (and fans lose it)
- Chris Soules breaks silence after arrest, fatal accident
- 'The Handmaid's Tale' stars see show as 'scarily relevant'
- 'Unbreakable'-'Split' sequel announced by M. Night Shyamalan
- His son's favorite Blockbuster store is closing, so dad built him one at home