MADISON, Wis. - Madison's Goodman Pool opens for the season on Friday.
Gates will open at 4 p.m. and this weekend, from noon until 7 p.m.
A daily pass for adult residents is $4.50 and $3 for children. A family pass averages about $175.
Laura Whitmore, of Madison Parks Department, said that their opening date dovetails with the end of the school year in the Madison Metropolitan School District.
"Our season corresponds with the Madison school district so we'll have an evening time on Monday, cause kids are in school all day," she said. "However, this is exciting. They're off early on their last day of school the (June) 12. So, we will be having a special last day of school the first 500 kids will get in free."
The pool has a variety of activities that include swimming lessons and some classes for adults to get exercise.
- Jenner doesn't regret voting for Trump despite LGBT 'mistakes'
- Fox News anchor joins lawsuit alleging racial discrimination, harassment
- Former 'Bachelor' star Chris Soules arrested after deadly crash
- 'All Things Considered' host Robert Siegel stepping down
- 'Star Wars: Episode IX' gets summer 2019 release date
- 'The Handmaid's Tale' lifts Hulu with dystopian vision