MADISON, Wis. - Madison's Goodman Pool opens for the season on Friday.
Gates will open at 4 p.m. and this weekend, from noon until 7 p.m.
A daily pass for adult residents is $4.50 and $3 for children. A family pass averages about $175.
Laura Whitmore, of Madison Parks Department, said that their opening date dovetails with the end of the school year in the Madison Metropolitan School District.
"Our season corresponds with the Madison school district so we'll have an evening time on Monday, cause kids are in school all day," she said. "However, this is exciting. They're off early on their last day of school the (June) 12. So, we will be having a special last day of school the first 500 kids will get in free."
The pool has a variety of activities that include swimming lessons and some classes for adults to get exercise.
- Trump renews attacks on 'SNL'
- The 14 Trump tweets that defined his high-stakes week
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- BuzzFeed editor: We're 'proud' to publish Trump memos
- Famed Ringling Bros. circus closing after more than 100 years
- It's All Over: 'Dreamgirls' star Holliday backs out of Trump inauguration performance