Donna's Wild Rice With Apple, Pomegranate And Pine Nuts
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 ounces low fat lemon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
In a large bowl, combine wild rice, white rice, apples, pomegranate arils, onions, pine nuts, and parsley. Combine dressing ingredients and stir into rice mixture. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Note: This recipe is easy to double and it keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 130 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 24 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 1.6