This is an elegant version of a Waldorf salad with the added raspberries. The dressing has a special flavor and is a calorie bargain.
- 3 medium apples*, cored and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries**
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
In a large bowl, combine apples, celery, raspberries, and walnuts.
Warm apricot preserves in the microwave. In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves, yogurt, and vinegar. Stir to mix. Add to apple mixture. Stir to mix well.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Choose a crisp eating apple. ** Grapes or other berries can be substituted for the raspberries.
- Fat, gm.
- Protein, gm.
- Carbs, gm.
- Cholesterol, mg.
- Fiber, gm.