The Madison Mallards announced specific details about the Mallards Northside Fireworks Show on July 5 at Warner Park.
Fans can buy tickets to the baseball game and then stay for the concert and fireworks, according to a release. After the game is over, the ballpark will open to the public for free and will serve as a viewing area for the fireworks display.
"The Mallards Northside Fireworks will provide a family friendly fireworks display and festival atmosphere for both the north side and the greater Madison community," Mallards President Vern Stenman said in the release. "Baseball, music and fireworks around Independence Day has been a staple on the north side for a long time, and we're proud to continue that tradition."
The fireworks will be shot off from the Warner Park softball fields.
Attendees can bring blankets to sit on, but lawn chairs are not allowed, organizers said. One bottle of water will be allowed per person. Alcohol will not be allowed in the Warner Park parking lot.
Plans for the event arose after the announcement that Rhythm and Booms was moving downtown, organizers said.
Timeline of events
- 3 p.m. -- gates open for Mallards game
- 4:35 p.m. -- Mallards game starts
- End of Mallards game until end of fireworks -- live entertainment by Distant Cuzins and the Hometown Sweethearts, fans allowed onto the outfield
- 15 minutes after game ends -- stadium opens to public, free of charge. Concessions and beverages will still be for sale
- 30 minutes after fireworks end -- Warner Park parking lot opens for exit