(CNN) - Craig Robinson is not the man he once was.
The "Ghosted" star has dropped 50 pounds and says he owes it in part to going on the wagon.
Robinson appeared on Harry Connick Jr.'s daytime talk show Wednesday and talked about slimming down.
"In January I just put down the alcohol," he said. "I was going to detox."
The 45-year-old said he had heard it was possible to regenerate the liver in six months so he decided to give it a go.
After the six months were up, Robinson said he didn't resume drinking.
The actor, who also has appeared in the "The Office," "This is the End" and the "Hot Tub Time Machine" movies, said he combined working out with going vegan.
"There are so many great vegan restaurant and dishes," he said. "It's much easier than I thought it would be."
But Robinson added he misses being able to eat macaroni and cheese.
- Taylor Swift's new song decoded
- Amber Tamblyn believes racist claim against husband David Cross
- Jake Gyllenhaal appears in Calvin Klein ad as a doting father
- Ines Rau makes history as first transgender Playmate
- Ed Sheeran talks about substance abuse and his accident
- Nickelodeon fires 'Loud House' creator over sexual harassment allegations