By Dan Curd
It's not the biggest idea that the Berge Brothers (of Magnus, Weary Traveler Freehouse and Natt Spil) ever had, but it's nonetheless intriguing. Located in the Cardinal Bar's former cloakroom, Cortadito Express gets its name from an espresso and milk drink popular in Cuba. Besides the cortadito, the limited menu of Latin-inspired dishes includes ceviche de corvina, meat and potato croquetas, and churros with chocolate for dipping. The Ricardo, a twist on the classic Cuban sandwich, bears the name of the Cardinal's owner, Ricardo Gonzales. Carryout from the walk-up window is available daily from 3 p.m. (10 a.m. on the weekend) until 3 a.m.
418 E. Wilson St.
Check out Dan Curd's Small Dishes blog.
Read more Madison Magazine food & drink articles here.
Photo by Martha Busse.
- Ciara and Russell Wilson welcome baby girl
- How 'Thelma' still drives Geena Davis
- 100 days in, Howard Stern was 100% right about Donald Trump
- Fyre Festival: When a $12,000 luxury festival in paradise turns into chaos
- How hard work paid off for the brothers who run Tyler Perry Studios
- What makes the NFL Draft a TV event?