MADISON, Wis. - A late cancellation has led the executive director of the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra to cancel Concerts on the Square for this week.
Typically, the orchestra reschedules the concert if a cancellation is made before 3 p.m. the day of the concert. However, Wednesday's night concert was canceled shortly before a major storm blew in before 7 p.m.
"When it is decided that we're going ahead with the concert on Wednesday night, and it starts raining shortly before or during the concert, the concert is canceled for the week," said Doug Gerhart, executive director. "We apologize for uncooperative weather and we look forward to next Wednesday."
Next week's concert is entitled "Caliente" featuring Grammy nominated Cuban music group, Tiempo Libre. Concerts begin at 7 p.m. on the King Street corner of the Capitol Square. Blankets may be put down on the lawn beginning at 3 p.m.
- FCC won't take action against Colbert over Trump joke
- Fox News removes false story on DNC staffer's death
- A first look at 'Game of Thrones,' season 7
- Amazon latest brand hit by protests over Breitbart ads
- Innocence of first concert shattered by bombing
- $1,000 of Netflix stock in 2002 is worth $140K today