MADISON, Wis. - A late cancellation has led the executive director of the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra to cancel Concerts on the Square for this week.
Typically, the orchestra reschedules the concert if a cancellation is made before 3 p.m. the day of the concert. However, Wednesday's night concert was canceled shortly before a major storm blew in before 7 p.m.
"When it is decided that we're going ahead with the concert on Wednesday night, and it starts raining shortly before or during the concert, the concert is canceled for the week," said Doug Gerhart, executive director. "We apologize for uncooperative weather and we look forward to next Wednesday."
Next week's concert is entitled "Caliente" featuring Grammy nominated Cuban music group, Tiempo Libre. Concerts begin at 7 p.m. on the King Street corner of the Capitol Square. Blankets may be put down on the lawn beginning at 3 p.m.
- Birkebeiner cross country ski race canceled due to warm weather, rain
- 'La La Land' sound mixer making Oscar history
- International Festival will celebrate cultural diversity of Dane County
- Judge rules only one additional accuser may testify at Cosby trial
- Beyonce bows out of Coachella due to pregnancy
- Caitlyn Jenner to Trump: 'Call me'