BARABOO, Wis. - While the Ringling Bros. and Barnum Bailey Circus has performed its final show, Circus World in Wisconsin has opened for the summer season with a bigger tent and a Ringling reunion.
The Baraboo News Republic reported the Baraboo museum opened Friday. This year's circus show is named "That 70s Circus," paying homage to the traditional American circus along with 1970s tunes and clothing.
Circus World ringmaster Dave SaLoutos says he was pleased with how the performances unfolded despite transportation issues delaying the tent's arrival last week.
Two new acts feature Big Apple Circus veteran Jenny Vidbel and her troupe of performing horses, ponies, canines and mini pig, Velma. Another new performance features the "Wacky, One-Wheeled Wonder" Wesley Williams riding a 25-foot unicycle around the big top's performance ring.
- Seth Meyers will host Golden Globe Awards
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe to appear in Iranian court next month
- Famous fans mourn David Cassidy
- David Cassidy, '70s teen heartthrob, dies at age 67
- Thanksgiving football's coming, but CBS and Dish Network still 'far apart' on blackout
- Rashida Jones cites 'philosophical differences' for 'Toy Story 4' departure