MIDDLETON, Wis. - Food Concepts Inc. in Middleton is hosting its 9th annual Art Show and Auction. All of the money raised with go to Middleton Outreach Ministry, M.O.M. The nonprofit aims to end homelessness and prevent hunger in the western areas of Madison and Dane County. Al Ripp the executive director of M.O.M, said the charity is key to reaching people in need because it is one of the only charities like it on the west side.
"For a lot of people living on the west side, it's hard for them to travel down town to get assistance," Ripp said. "Sometimes a bus ride can take hours so this really helps eliminate those barriers."
M.O.M. helps thousands of people every month with things like rental assistance, clothing and food. They have one of the largest food pantries in Dane County and serve people in West Madison, Middleton and Cross Plains. Nearly half of the people they serve are children. .
The event at 2551 Parmenter Street in Middleton features over 200 pieces of art, and light refreshments and live music. It's a free event, and all proceeds from silent auction purchases benefit people in our community who need help with basic needs.
- 'House of Cards' releases new teaser on Inauguration Day
- 2017 People's Choice Awards winners and nominees
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' actor Miguel Ferrer dead at 61
- Colbert, Fallon and Meyers prepare for Trump's inauguration
- Inauguration performers respond to backlash
- Tiffany Trump's 'fairy fashion godfather' steps in