MADISON, Wis. - A Dane County Parks official said area snowmobile trails will close this weekend.
Parks Division Director Darren Marsh said in a statement Saturday afternoon that Dane County's trails would close at 6 a.m. Sunday.
At least 6 inches of base snow and consistent below-freezing temperatures are needed before trails can reopen, Marsh said.
Trails had opened Wednesday after the Dane County area received several inches of show overnight. The ground cover only lasted about three days before temperatures warmed across southern Wisconsin Saturday. Temperatures were expected to reach the mid-40s Sunday and Monday.
Information on snowmobile trails is available through the Dane County Parks website at www.countyofdane.com/lwrd/parks.
- Cameos thrill 'Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner' team
- Hacker says it has new season of Netflix's 'Orange is the New Black'
- Will Ferrell returns as Bush for 'Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner'
- Artists mark Trump's 100th day in office
- Ciara and Russell Wilson welcome baby girl
- How 'Thelma' still drives Geena Davis