- 1 lb. whole grain tubular pasta
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 2 muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. In a separate large saucepan, heat butter at medium-high. Once melted, whisk in flour until combined. Allow to cook, 2-3 minutes, then slowly whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer and stir, constantly, until thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne. Add cheese and stir, until melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Dump cooked broccoli and pasta into the pan with the sauce and stir to combine.
4. Spoon macaroni and cheese into each muffin cup. Top with shredded Parmesan. Bake 12-15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and browned on top.
5. Allow to cool, and then remove cups from muffin tin and place in a microwave safe container.