Donna's Gazpacho Garden Soup
What a great way to combine your garden vegetables. Alter the recipe to fit the vegetables you have available.
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green or yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 can (46 ounces) V-8 vegetable juice or tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 8 hours over several days before serving. It will thicken slightly from the vegetable pectin.
Add additional Tabasco, salt and pepper to taste. Thin with additional tomato juice if desired. Serve cold.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- Calories: 95
- Fat, gm.: 4
- Protein, gm.: 2.5
- Carbs, gm.: 14
- Cholesterol, mg.: 0
- Fiber, gm.: 2.5
Copyright 2012 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.