Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 7:30 PM CST on February 1, 2015, expires at: 12:00 AM CST on February 02, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight CST tonight... A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight CST tonight.
- Timing...snow will diminish by mid to late evening. Blowing and drifting snow will lower visibilities through late evening.
- Snow accumulations...less than an inch of accumulation.
- Winds...northeast 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph through mid evening.
- Impacts...snow covered roads and considerable blowing and drifting snow. Visibilities reduced to 1/2 mile or much less at times. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Blowing snow will lead to low visibility with brief whiteout conditions. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.