Winter Storm Watch:
Issued at: 8:38 PM CST on December 9, 2016, expires at: 12:00 AM CST on December 12, 2016
- ...Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon through Sunday evening...
- timing...snow will begin Saturday evening and continue into Sunday evening.
- Snow accumulations...7 to 10 inches.
- Wind...southeast 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
- Temperatures...in the mid 20s.
- Impacts...moderate to heavy snowfall will create slippery travel conditions over the area... and will reduce visibility to under 1 mile at times. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow... sleet... and/or ice accumulations that would seriously impact travel. Monitor later forecasts for updates. DC/mm