Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 4:50 am CST on February 1, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM CST on February 01, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 9 PM CST this evening...
- timing...through this evening.
- Snow accumulations...7 to 12 inches. The highest amounts are likely to be along the Highway 30 and Interstate 80 corridors.
- Winds...northeast winds 20 to 25 mph...gusts between 30-40 mph.
- Visibilities...below 1/2 mile at times with brief whiteout conditions possible in rural areas.
- Impacts...the wet snow has resulted in very slippery roads. Blowing and drifting snow will develop this afternoon...creating difficult travel conditions due to reduced visibilities... especially in open areas. Road crews may have difficulty clearing the wet snow this morning and then keeping up with the drifting snow through the evening. The combination of the weight of the snow on elevated surfaces and strong winds could result in localized power outages. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or are occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.