Winter Storm Watch:
Issued at: 9:01 PM CST on January 30, 2015, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on February 01, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon... The National Weather Service in Quad Cities has issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon.
- Timing...snow will begin to accumulate late in the afternoon or evening Saturday...and continue through much of the day Sunday.
- Snow accumulations...totals of 6 to 9 inches likely. Heavier amounts will be possible east of a line from Freeport to Macomb Illinois.
- Winds...northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph Sunday... resulting in blowing and drifting snow.
- Impacts...roads will become slick and hazardous. On Sunday...blowing and drifting snow will create areas of low visibility and may make it difficult for Road crews to keep roads clear...especially in open areas. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...and/or ice accumulations that would seriously impact travel. Monitor later forecasts for updates.