Wind Chill Advisory:
Issued at: 3:00 PM CST on February 27, 2015, expires at: 9:00 AM CST on February 28, 2015
- ...Wind Chill Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 9 am CST Saturday... The National Weather Service in Quad Cities has issued a Wind Chill Advisory...which is in effect from midnight tonight to 9 am CST Saturday.
- Timing...from midnight through 9 am Saturday.
- Wind chill readings...20 to 30 below zero.
- Temperatures...4 below to 13 below zero.
- Winds...south 5 mph or less.
- Impacts...frost bite will occur in a matter of minutes on exposed skin. Extended exposure without proper clothing will increase the risk of hypothermia. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills...resulting in frost bite and hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...dress in layers covering exposed skin. Frostbite will occur in as few as 30 minutes in these conditions.