Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 8:52 PM CST on November 23, 2014, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on November 24, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 am to 6 PM CST Monday...
- timing...rain will change to snow after 3 am...and diminish to light snow showers after noon.
- Snow accumulations...2 to 3 inches.
- Winds...northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph Monday morning through mid afternoon.
- Impacts...as temperatures fall well below freezing...roads may become snow and ice covered and slippery...especially during the afternoon. Localized blowing and drifting snow will also cause reduced and rapidly changing visibilities...especially on rural and open north/south roadways. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open areas.