Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 9:33 PM CST on December 10, 2013, expires at: 10:00 AM CST on December 11, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am CST Wednesday...
- timing...snow will spread east across the advisory area between midnight and 3 am...peaking in intensity over north central Illinois between 2 and 6 am CST...and over the Chicago area between 4 and 8 am CST.
- Accumulation...storm total snow accumulation 2 to 4 inches.
- Main impact...the snowfall overnight and the continued snowfall in the morning will likely result in treacherous traveling conditions for the Wednesday morning rush hour...with snowfall rates of one half to one inch per hour possible with the most intense snow.
- Other impacts...very cold temperatures will make regular non- treated Road salt less effective...with cold temperatures resulting in snow immediately accumulating on roadways. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads...limited visibilities...and very difficult travel conditions. Mtf Visit US at http://weather.Gov/Chicago (all lowercase) Follow US on facebook...twitter...and youtube at: www.Facebook.Com/US.Nationalweatherservice.Chicago.Gov www.Twitter.Com/nwschicago www.Youtube.Com/nwschicago